NutritionNo nutrition information available.
|6 each||Medium zucchini, About 8 oz. Each|
|1 1/2 lb.||Italian Walnut Sausage, warmed|
|2 each||Medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped|
|1 cup||Italian bread crumbs|
|1/3 cup||Parmesan Cheese|
|1/3 cup||Minced fresh parsley|
|2 tablespoons||Fresh Basil, minced|
|1/4 teaspoon||Black pepper|
|3/4 cup||Shredded Mozzarella cheese|
|As needed||Minced parsley garnish|
• Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
• Cut each zucchini in 1/2 and scoop out pulp leaving a ¼ inch shell.
• Chop pulp
• Place shells in a microwave safe dish and microwave in batches2-3 minutes or until crisp yet tender.
• In a large skillet, heat Italian walnut sausage and zucchini pulp over medium heat for 6 minutes.
• Remove from heat and stir in chopped tomatoes breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, herbs and pepper. Spoon into zucchini shells.
• Place in 2 ungreased pans (13×9 inch) and bake uncovered 15-20 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
• Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over them. Bake them uncovered for another 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
• If desired garnish with additional parsley.
Serving: 6 Servings