NutritionNo nutrition information available.
|3 ⅓ cups||All-purpose flour, divided|
|1 cup||Rolled oats|
|½ cup||Azar® Pecan Pieces|
|2 teaspoons||Grated orange peel|
|1 package||Fleischmann's rapid rise yeast|
|1 tablespoon||Margarine or butter|
|1 each||Egg, beaten|
|Drizzle||Confectioner's sugar glaze|
|Garnish||Azar® Pecan Halves|
Makes 1 Loaf
- Set aside 1 cup flour
- In large bowl, mix remaining flour, oats, pecan pieces, orange peel, salt and yeast.
- In saucepan, over low heat, heat milk, water, honey and margarine or butter until hot to touch (125° to 130° F); stir into dry mixture. Mix in only enough reserved flour to make soft dough.
- On lightly floured surface, knead 4 minutes. Roll dough into 13×9-inch rectangle. Roll up short side as for jellyroll; seal seam and ends.
- Place on greased baking sheet; flatten slightly to form oval. Cover; place large shallow pan on counter; half fill with boiling water. Place baking sheet over pan; let dough rise 20 minutes. Make 3 diagonal slashes on top of loaf; brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire rack.
- Drizzle with confectioner’s sugar glaze and garnish with pecan halves.