NutritionNo nutrition information available.
|Half and half
|Eggs, well beaten
|Vanilla (preferably Mexican vanilla)
|Caramel syrup (preferably Mexican caramel – Cajeta)
|Azar® Chopped Pecans
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- First make the caramel. Put 1 cup sugar in a heavy cast iron skillet. Over a gentle heat melt the sugar, stirring constantly, until it is a rich golden brown.
- Pour this into the baking dish you will be baking your flan in. Tilt the dish to spread the caramel evenly over the entire bottom. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix remaining ingredients together well and pour into your baking dish with the caramel sauce coating.
- Bake in a dish of water for approximately 1 ½ hours or until a table knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then refrigerate until firm.
- To serve, set the baking dish in a dish of hot water for just a few seconds, then run a knife around the outer edge.
- Set a serving plate on top of the baking dish and invert. The flan should slide out nicely.
- Top with caramel syrup and pecans. The caramel will form a delectable sauce that may be spooned over each serving.